The Windsor Unified School District recognizes its obligation to provide an educational environment that maintains the safety and respect of all students and prepares students for behaviors which are appropriate for a successful adult life. While on the Cali Calmécac School Campus, or at any school sponsored event, students and guests shall be dressed and groomed in a manner which reflects good taste and decency and will not detract from or interfere with the educational environment, instructional program or image of the school.
Cali Calmécac Dress Guidelines
Cali Calmécac Language Academy expects students to wear the required school uniform except on designated free-dress days. Free Dress Days are on the last Friday of each month, following the following guidelines.
All students must follow the following dress code guidelines each day:
1. Students are expected to wear clothing that sufficiently covers their chest, stomach, back, buttocks and upper legs, reflecting good taste and modesty. Tops with spaghetti straps, tank-tops, bare-midriff, low neckline, and short shorts are not permitted.
*If your child can raise his/her arms above the head without the midriff showing, the shirt is of an appropriate length. If the child can put his/her arms to his/her sides without touching the skin of the legs, the skirt or shorts are an appropriate length.
2. Shoes must be worn at all times. Shoes with an open toe or which lack a strap at the ankle are not permitted. Flip-flops and sandals are not permitted.
3. Pants must fit at waist level without a belt and must be worn at waist level at all times. Sagging or oversized pants (1 size larger than waist size) are not permitted. Belts cannot be worn more than one size above the waist size and cannot hang down.
4. Clothing or accessories that reflect or communicate gangs, drug/tobacco or violence, that are sexually explicit, debase a particular group, or which use profane or abusive language are not permitted. Red/blue clothing or accessories including but not limited to backpacks or lunch boxes that are predominantly red or blue are not permitted. Blue jeans are acceptable only on Free Dress Day as long as no other blue clothing is used.
5. Logos are not allowed on any outerwear. We understand that this can be difficult at times since brands are commonly printed/embroidered on a part of the outerwear. In this case, please use the following as a guide: Brand Names/Small Logos may be on outerwear as long as the size of the name is not larger than the size of a credit card. Logos that span the chest of the outerwear or run down the arm of outerwear are not permitted.
6. No jackets, outerwear, or any other article of clothing should contain words, letters, designs, or pictures depicting gang related affiliation, drugs, alcohol, obscenities, or sports team logos. This includes anything with “North” or “South,” “red” or “blue”, including the brand “South Pole,” or the numbers 13 or 14.
7. CLOTHING WITH RIPS OR HOLES ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.
Color for pants: Solid black or khaki
Style: Fitted at the waist (pleated or non-pleated)
Fabric: Twill, cotton, denim
Pants must fit at the waist and not be more than one size too large or small. If belts are worn, they must be the correct size and not hang down from the waist.
PANTS WITH RIPS OR HOLES ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.
Starting, February 18, 2020, students may now wear these pants:
Solid Black or Solid Grey Leggings and Sweatpants
➤ Leggings must be of athletic quality and may NOT be see-through.
➤ Sweatpants must NOT sag and must be worn at the waist.
➤ Leggings/Sweatpants may not have holes - no exceptions
Solid Black PE Shorts
➤ PE Shorts may not have holes - no exceptions
Color (solid): White or forest green (no stripes, designs, or logos)
Style: Collared, polo, or turtleneck (long sleeves are acceptable)
Fabric: Cotton or Cotton blend
Official CCLA T-shirts, CCLA spirit wear, CCLA athletic team jerseys are considered part of the uniform.
Any shirts worn under a uniform shirt must be white or green.
Color: Black or khaki
Style: Skirts, skorts, jumpers
Color (solid): White, black, grey or forest green (no stripes, designs, or logos)
Style: Sweaters, sweatshirts, fleeces – cardigan, crewneck, v-neck, zipper down
Winter Coats/Jackets and Raincoats
Color: Any color except red or blue
Color/style: Any color except red or any type of blue
Style: Shoes, shoelaces, beanies, gloves, belts, scarves, ball caps, lunch boxes, backpacks
All sports logos are prohibited.
No open-toed shoes or sandals are allowed.